Although there are many companies that compete to provide the best charcoal grills, Weber often seems to have an upper hand according to many customers and experts, and, when we look at the Weber One-Touch Gold charcoal grill, we will know the reason why this is so.
The solidly built grill comes with numerous superior features that often catch the eye of even the most demanding grilling enthusiasts. Although it is not the cheapest product on the market, the Weber 22.5-Inch One-Touch Gold is considered as one of the top choices grill available.
High Quality Construction
The top class craftsmanship of the unit is perhaps its greatest asset. The materials used for manufacturing it are all sturdy and reliable, and the kettle itself is porcelain-enameled, which means that it’s practically rust free.
The lid seals easily, and the ash catcher and venting system work to provide you with the best experience in terms of convenience. You will also be pleasantly surprised to notice that virtually none of the parts rust even if you leave the grill out in the rain.
The aluminum vents of the Weber One-Touch Gold grill are the main parts of a venting system that is cleverly designed for easy and accurate temperature control, making it easier to cook at different temperatures. Some users have found that, even if you are new to grilling, because of the quality of the venting system, this product is one of the best choices you can make.
Large Cooking Grate
A larger cooking area, of course, means less time spent on grilling and more possibilities for cooking many delicious dishes all at once. The Weber One-Touch Gold charcoal grill has become somewhat popular in this regard since its 22.5 inch cooking area is quite enough to fit as many as 6 large steaks.
Weber One-Touch Gold Features and Specifications
- With its sturdy design based on a heavy-gauge porcelain-enameled bowl and lid, the Weber One-Touch Gold charcoal grill was designed to prevent rust quite effectively, and will definitely be able to last a much longer time than other models.
- Being somewhat lightweight, at only around 35 pounds, the unit will feel quite easy to manage and moves around, especially with the help of its sturdy and stable wheels.
- Refueling is made much easier with the hinged cooking grate that the Weber One-Touch charcoal grill comes with.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Perhaps the most important factor that would contribute to the popularity of the Weber One-Touch Gold is not necessarily the fact that the product has literally hundreds of 5 star ratings, or that there are very few negative reviews about it.
The most impressive thing is that even those who have owned charcoal grills for years have praised the quality of the craftsmanship and the durability of the product. There are always some complaints, of course, like about the price being too high, or some parts of the design not living up to other Weber products, but, generally, these are rare. Read more customer reviews here
Pros and Cons
Let’s look at some of the best features of the Weber One-Touch Gold charcoal grill:
- Because of the conveniently designed One-Touch cleaning system, this is one grill that will never let you get your hands dirty, as the intelligently designed lever-activated blades will empty the kettle without much hassle.
- Safety is an important factor when buying a barbecue grill, and Weber thought of this too when they added two built-in hinged side openings to the grate that make it easier to add more charcoal briquettes when needed.
- You get a 10 year limited warranty for the product, which goes to show how much confidence the manufacturers have in the durability of the Weber One-Touch Gold charcoal grill.
- The owner guide that comes with the product is quite handy, as it provides you with a lot of delicious recipes you can try out.
Some of the most notable drawbacks are the following:
- One of the most important complaints that users have had when using this Weber product is that, despite the advanced craftsmanship, the price is still too high when compared with similar models.
- The assembly process of the Weber One-Touch Gold charcoal grill is also considered to be somewhat difficult.
The Weber One-Touch charcoal grill is generally considered to be one of those grills that people would choose if they want additional features and are not afraid to raise the limit of their investments, so to speak. Nevertheless, if you are low on budget, Amazon.com can provide you with a far better offer in terms of pricing when compared with other locations. Under such circumstances, it is easy to see how the Weber One-Touch Gold charcoal grill can be one of the best choices when it comes to choosing a grill of this caliber.